In today’s society, there is a deeper focus on Green solutions and how we can all help the environment to a more sustainable future.
The escalating complexity of environmental legislation regarding the use of chemicals in professional auto cleaning operations has culminated in a growing number of end-users adopting alternative cleaning methods which do not require the significant investment in chemical capture and recycling facilities that are demanded by protection and compliance authorities.
Waterless wash systems have become increasingly popular within the automotive and marine care industries around the world as Government legislation combined with catastrophic climate change (global warming) is driving a major shift in cleaning operations looking for smarter, greener and technologically advanced solutions.
Through our vast experience in chemical expertise and years of dealing with clients, including market-leading commercial auto care organisations, independent valeting companies, prestigious dealerships and professional valeting operations together with aftermarket sales across the globe means we are fully focussed, dedicated and well placed to share our advice and experiences by comparing traditional cleaning and detailing methods (Water) with innovation in advanced auto care technology (Waterless).
Here we compare two valeting processes together with the potential business restrictions and opportunities using both methods outlined:-
Wet valeting process – Traditional water car wash
- Clean wheels and tyres; generally using an acid-based wheel cleaner or traffic film remover with hazardous label warnings
- Pre-rinse full vehicle exterior with clean water using a hose pipe or high powered pressure washer
- Wash full exterior (using, for example, the 2 bucket method with 2 sponges with clean water and car shampoo)
- Full exterior vehicle rinse with clean water (no control of effluent spray or rinse off unless limited by the expensive pre-instalment of an interceptor trap)
- Chamois leather to remove excess water and then a microfibre cloth to dry the full exterior
- Air blow-dry those difficult areas to reduce water ingress which creates drip spots from sills, lights, trims, etc.
- Clean vehicle front windscreen, rearview window and side glass surfaces using a glass cleaning product
- Apply wax panel by panel and buff off wax panel by panel
- Finally, dress tyres generally using a petroleum-based product with flammable hazardous label warnings
Waterless valeting process – Pearl® waterless car wash
- Mist spray alloy wheel rims, tyre walls and localised dirt spots such as ingrained insect splatter, tree sap and bird lime with Pearl® Universal Multi-Surface Cleaner (unique versatility as Universal can also be used to clean and revitalise all interior surfaces back to factory finish including; carpet, leather, fabric, plastic, vinyl and rubber trim)
- Panel by panel, top of the vehicle roof to bottom skirts including; all glass surfaces, plastic, headlamps and chrome trims. Once you have established which level of service your customer requires, simply mist spray either Pearl® Advanced Ultra Nano (contains premium grade waxes and Nanotechnology for a premium waxed finish) or Pearl® Professional (contains high-grade ingredients for an outstanding showroom shine finish), wipe and gently buff off using a double folded Pearl® Pro Microfibre Cloth for multiple clean surfaces. (For exterior matt paint finishes use Pearl® Universal Multi-Surface Cleaner to clean, detail and restore painted surfaces back to factory condition)
- Wipe pre-treated wheel rims over with microfibre cloth for an effortless dirt and traffic film removal
- Finally, dress tyres by evenly spraying Pearl® Eco Tyre Shine onto tyre walls in an even motion and wipe any overspray using a microfibre cloth. Eco Tyre Shine has multi-trim capabilities and can also be effectively used to detail black plastic trims and engine hoses
Commercial business opportunities – Traditional mobile wet car wash
- Requires a large van to hold and transport equipment including a pressure washer, electricity generator, water tank, hoses and buckets
- Expensive setup costs for a large van, pressure washer and water tank together with premium insurance policies for carrying hazardous chemicals (ADR licence)
- Potentially leaves pools of suds, dirty water on customers’ driveways and business/retail car parks
- Chemical rinse off which causes downstream effluent pollution unless interceptor trap installed (may cause issues with customers, environmental agencies and leaves a carbon footprint)
- The powerful pressure washing machine/jet wash may overspray nearby vehicles, grass and flower bed areas
- Resource consuming (uses vast amounts of water, electricity and/or kerosene)
- May create leaks and water ingress damage over a prolonged time around lights, door shuts and hinges due to high powered water
- Not compatible for indoor operations or retail multi-story car parks
Commercial business opportunities – Waterless mobile car wash
- Outstanding versatility enables auto care businesses to deliver their B2B and B2C services any time, any place and anywhere
- Cleaning and detailing services can be booked and paid for online with no physical human interaction required from paying for the level of service required through to valet completion
- Low start-up capital investment with no requirement for a large van or machinery which importantly releases cash flow to spend on a website, marketing and promoting your business which is essential for directing potential customer awareness and business growth
- Minimal Eco-friendly non-hazardous products can be safely transported to each job in your existing car, electric scooter or even in a rucksack on a pedal cycle
- No waste, fuss or indication that a valeting operation was present other than leaving a showroom finish
- No affect to nearby vehicles, people or areas and dramatically reducing carbon footprints
- No requirement to consume local or national resources
- No water, air or noise pollution caused by waterless services
- Delivers flexible operational capabilities as these Eco-friendly products can be applied indoors and outdoors
- Further interesting ecological facts and product information on how to save precious water, time and help the environment.
Pearl® auto care solutions help save vast amounts of wastewater consumption, energy reserves together with eradicating airborne and downstream effluent pollution created by high powered electricity or kerosene-fueled pressure washer machines and with further resounding assurance that all our commercially proven products have been formulated for speed of throughput, ease of use, versatility and premium quality finish . . . Making our products extremely safe to use and with no specific training required.
Having reviewed the options above, consider how you can help your business to achieve sustainable success.
Whether you are a small start-up business or a well-established high volume commercial cleaning and detailing business, car dealership, fleet vehicles or rentals, automotive showroom or you are a classic car collector or just passionate about maintaining your personal car, there is little doubt that there is a ‘Greener, Smarter, Safer’ and more effective way to do things. The Waterless method saves time, effort and money, you can undoubtedly save all of this and more by injecting Pearl Waterless Wash system into your maintenance procedures, whilst caring for the environment at the same time.
Next time you want to clean your own or a customers car, please view Pearl® Total Waterless Cleaning & Detailing Solutions and see how fast and easy they are to use in creating the high-performance showroom finish results.
All Pearl Global Ltd products that are incorporated on our official website are exclusively manufactured in Manchester, United Kingdom and are fully supported with Safety Data Sheets (SDS), Technical Data Sheets (TDS), Certificate of Analysis (COA) and our manufacturing processes and systems together with environmental compliance are accredited to BS EN ISO 9001 and 14001 industry-leading chemical quality standards. This is in line with the very latest European Union (EU) and Global Harmonisation System (GHS) stringent Classification, Labelling and Packaging (CLP) regulations together with REACH directives.
To confirm, our continued membership with The British Chambers of Commerce together with our Approved Exporter Statusfurther endorses the proactive lengths we undertake to ensure our product quality and exemplary service levels are maintained always to protect and safeguard business success and longevity.
We ship our products throughout the world via courier, road, sea and air freight with palletised freight rates direct from our plant in the UK, are amongst the very best in the world and on understanding specific volume requirements, we will always obtain the very best quotation from the network of global logistic partners whom we utilise daily.
May we advise that all new and existing customers are extremely important to us and we would certainly be interested in the potential of supplying you and your auto care business requirements.
We would be delighted to hear from you:-
Telephone: +44 (0)845 874 0140 / +44 (0)161 762 1345
Subscribe: Pearl® Official Newsletter https://pearlwaterlessinternational.com/#newsletter